Location : Newport Golf Course
= Property demolished or site redeveloped
Founded 1886, closed 1891. 6 holes.
Clues to its location from newspaper reports of competitions: located at Inverdovat 'on ground commanding a wide prospect' and 'The ground at Inverdorvat, about one mile from Newport, is nicely situated, and commands a beautiful view of the surrounding country and the estuary of the Tay.' But the Fife Herald 13 Oct 1886 gives the full picture: 'between Inverdovat Farmhouse and The Cliff [now Chesterhill], bounded by Casewayhead Hill and the Tayport Road. With a little clearance, Causewayhead Hill might be added to the course. [It has] a fine view from Buddon Ness to Fife Ness …', from the British Newspaper Archive.
Further information at Golf's Missing Links.
Location and Old Maps
Latitude, longitude: 56.436114,-2.914946
Information and Photographs on Other Sites (open in a new window)
Old Addresses (any dates are approximate and are usually the latest occurence of the address)
House Names (any dates are approximate and are usually the latest occurence of the name)
|Newport Golf Club||1886-1891|
|Newport Golf Course||1886-1891|
Directory entries (before 1970)
Valuation Roll entries